There is sooooo much I have to be thankful for. Last night the Lord prompted me to read Psalm 50. Wow! I am so convicted. He said in verse 14 “Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, & keep the vows you made to the Most High”. So often I try to give the Lord something else as a sacrifice. I want my service to Him to be my offering, & I expect my ministry to be the praise that He deserves. Those things are great, but they do not take the place of a child who is truly thankful for what comes from the hand of her Father. I have nothing that did not come from my Father’s hand.
He goes on to say in verse 23 “But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.” My thankfulness should be the best & most often used form of worship in my life.
So……….today I am thankful for:
Barry–this weekend he showed me what a wonderful, giving man he really is! He made a huge sacrifice so that he could hear me sing & then drove home in the middle of the night alone.
Scripture—wow! I love the voice of God in print!
My dad’s health is failing–but He’s looking forward to being with the Lord.
My CD’s shipped today! They should arrive on Thursday!
- I’ve been able to travel 3 of the last 4 weekends to sing.
- My mom’s pneumonia is FINALLY beginning to get better.
- God is my provider.
- I feel good.
- I have a laptop that allows me to check email away from home.
- I am staying with my folks while they recuperate…..
- God brought my brother & sister-in-law into the business with us, so I can be here with my folks for as long as they need me–and the business will not suffer!
I could go on & on, but I’m just content to say “Thank You, Lord!