My husband & I own a machine shop. My husband is the machinist & we employ several welders. I work in the office, but Thursday I worked in the shop. My husband needed help marking holes on metal. Not very technical stuff, & not a very skilled task. I was just a warm body to fill the position. hehe It was kind of fun, & it got me to thinking about some of the crazy skills that I have acquired in my lifetime. I thought that it would be fun to ask you, dear readers, to list some of your crazy skills.
So, I will go first. I’m anxious to hear some of the most unusual or funny skills that you have.
- For Christmas I made a wildlife scene out of metal with a plasma torch for my dad.
- I know how to throw a tomahawk. Really.
- I can milk a goat.
- I have butchered rabbits (to eat) on many occasions.
- I can shoot (and own) blackpowder guns.
- I carry a pocketknife–everyday, although I cannot sharpen it. It is a skill that escapes me.
- I have made adobes & the mud used for mortar in between them.
- Concrete……I’ve mixed loads & loads of concrete.
- One of my favorite things to do is to hunt for arrowheads.
- I can do quilling. It is the art of making tiny flowers out of paper strips.
My dad has lived the kind of life that I want to live. He gave me some of the greatest advice I’ve ever received. “Find out what you love to do & then figure out how to get paid to do it.” His life has been an adventure. He was a cowboy. Then a game warden. He worked deer hunts & antelope traps. He managed a game preserve for Bighorn Sheep, & has spent his life learning. When I grow up I want to be him. I want to live the “Great Adventure” of life & , as he says, “having been found faithful, give me a home with Thee”. Life is meant to be spent in awe of the beauty around us. Ever learning. Always thankful, & faithfully walking with the Lord.
When I come to the end of my life I want to be able to say that I have had fun. That I have been faithful to Jesus & to the calling He has placed on my life. That I have done some crazy & unusual things. That I have loved Him & people wholeheartedly.